2nd ODI India vs Australia 2023

  Hello and warm welcome to all our readers the blockbuster series between India and Australia is going on in full swing with the complete dominance of India. India is always a very tough side to beat in their own backyard and it becomes even more challenging when your key players aren't available. Let's review the 2nd ODI India vs Australia 2023

Toss

Australia won the toss and elected to bowl 1st at Holkar Cricket Stadium Indore. Pat Cummins was rested and Steve took the captaincy. On the other side, Jasprit Bumrah wasn't available due to personal reasons. 


Please read also  Ind vs Aus 1st ODI 2023






Playing IX of Team India

Ruturaj Gaikwad

Shubman Gill

Shreyas Iyer

KL Rahul (c)

Ishan Kishan

Suryakumar Yadav

Ravindra Jadeja

Ravichandran Ashwin

Shardul Thakur

Prasidh Krishna

Mohammed Shami

Playing IX of Australia

Matthew Short

David Warner

Steve Smith (c)

Marnus Labuchagne

Josh Inglis

Alex Carry

Cameron Green

Sean Abbott

Adam Zampa

Josh Hazelwood

Spencer Johnson

Start from India

Indian openers were looking in great touch from the start and middling the ball really nicely. Josh Hazelwood made a come back and bowled beautifully in his 1st spell. He nicked out Ruturaj Gaikwad. 

Dominance from Indian Batters

After that 1st wicket Gill and Iyer were ruthless and aggressive against Aussies. They took Australian bowlers to the cleaners and smashed them all around the park. They built exactly a 200-run partnership at the Bresk rate. Both batters completed their 100s with an impressive strike rate. India was on 216/2 after 31 overs. 

Swag of Surya

Suryakumar Yadav had a forgettable last series against Australia where he scored 3 ducks in 3 matches. But this time the table has been turned. The platform was set for the fire and Surya came to the crease with all guns blazing. He smashed everything out of the park and hit 4 consecutive sixes against Cameron Green. He scored 72 from 37 balls and remained not out. That was his 2nd fifty of the series. India scored 399/5 in 50 overs.

Shreyas Iyer scored 105, Gill scored 104, Surya scored 72 and Rahul also scored 52. 

Chase from Australia

It was a very tough chase for the visiting side and it was made even tougher by Prasidh Krishna when he got wickets on consecutive wickets of Mathew Short and huge wickets of Steve Smith. 

There was some interruption of the rain which resulted in a DLS method and Australia was asked to chase 317 in 33 overs. They kept on losing wickets and the chase didn't go anywhere. David Warner scored another 50 but after nobody could stand tall. Ravichandran Ashwin got 3 wickets Jadeja also picked 3 wickets and Australia got all out on just 217 runs in 28.2 overs.


It gained the undefeated lead of 2-0 in the series and became the No.1 ODI side. 


Shreyas Iyer | Player of the Match

 It was a rollercoaster ride, feeling fantastic. My teammates, friends and family were there for my support. I was watching the matches on TV, and I wanted to be out there and participate in the matches. Grateful to be believing in myself. The pain and niggles kept on coming, but I knew what I was aiming for. Glad that I was able to execute my plans perfectly today. Basically, when I went in to bat, I didn't want to complicate things. I wanted to get my eyes set, that's how I give confidence to myself. I am flexible, and ready to bat any position, whatever my team needs me to do. Virat (Kohli) is one of the greats, there's no chance of stealing that (number 3) spot from him. I just need to keep scoring wherever (at any position) I bat.


Comments